So pie season is upon us and I thought that you guys really need a basic pie crust that is so easy, no fail, and will work in basically every scenario. Yes, I have full on pie recipes coming atchu too, but I know you may have your own recipes and the last piece of the pie (get it?!) is the crust.
Before Jaryd’s diagnosis I always used store bought pie crusts. Ain’t no shame. They’re good! I had zero desire to make a homemade pie crust and put all my energy into the things going IN the crust. The pie. I put all my energy into the pie contents and rest assured that someone else made a delicious crust that I didn’t have to worry about.
After his diagnosis I ditched crusts completely and continued along my crustless way. Wellllp. What fun is that? Crustless CAAAN be fun and easy. But, when you want to be all fancy with Thanksgiving dinners and impress your friends, I kinda feel like crusts are more fun.
People will be all like, “omg this crust is so buttery and flakey, are you sure it’s low carb and gluten free?” Um yes, yes it is. Enjoy.
It works for quiches, pies, tarts, galettes, you name it! If you want some inspo check out this summer tomato tart, that chocolate ganache pie, this chocolate peanut butter tart, and this berry galette!
I love how forgiving it is! No rolling. No anxiety that you will ruin it Just good ol’ fashion play dough kind of stuff. Mold it however you want. If you rip a hole in it, just smush everything together and reform it. I’m not fancy. At this point in my life I don’t need perfectly pinched crusts with cut out forms. So This is perfect for a deliciously buttery and flakey rustic pie crust.
I hope you guys LOVE it!!
Watch me make it over on my YouTube!! I’d love for you to be a part of my YouTube fam if you’re not already.
So let’s make some Almond Flour Pie Crust!!
Beat the other egg and brush it along the edges and bottom of the crust. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Fill with whatever you want and bake as needed! If you are baking it for an extended period of time (over 20 minutes), bake it initially for only 10ish minutes because the edges will brown up some more.
- 6 tablespoons ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, whisk together the ghee and 1 egg.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt and whisk together.
- Chilled for 30 minutes.
- Grease your pie pan with additional ghee or your favorite cooking spray.
- Smush the crust dough into the pie pan, forming it as you wish.
- Beat the second egg in a small bowl and brush it along the edges and bottom of the crust.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Fill with whatever you want and bake as needed! If you are baking it for an extended period of time, maybe bake it initially for only 10ish minutes.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
Some of the links above are affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support!! xo