The Best Peanut Butter Cookie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Holla at me if you love peanut butter!!! WOOT WOOT. Ok, I mayyy have a bit of a peanut butter problem. Well, that’s if you think finishing one jar of peanut butter every day or two is a problem. In that case maybe we shouldn’t be friends. Be cool, like don’t be all like… uncool…
Aaand Jaryd helps polish off those jars too so it’s not like it’s me ALONE eating all that peanut butter… just most of it.
I thought to myself, “hey, maybe my peanut butter consumption would be more well received if I put it in things as opposed to just eating it straight from a spoon.”
A lot of my first peanut butter cookie attempts were really dry and crumbly. They were great for dipping in milk, but they left your mouth a bit… parched. I was actually kind of bummed because in the process of getting this recipe just right, I’ve used a heck of a lot of peanut butter leaving less for my spoon.
So, let’s make The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie:
Use an electric mixer to mix together the eggs and coconut sugar. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and sea salt. Whisk again until the batter turns thick and sticky.
On a lined baking sheet, use an ice cream scooper (for big cookies) to scoop six mounds per sheet.
Because this cookie dough is super sticky, I came up with an easy method to get those traditional criss-cross marks on top. Woot woot!! Get a small cup of water and dip your fork into the water. Use the wet fork to make a criss-cross imprint with the back of the fork.
I’ve also used my kid’s toy dinosaurs to make dinosaur footprints instead of fork imprints and they were so fun and so well-received 🙂
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Only FIVE ingredients for these dense and delicious peanut butter cookies! They’re gluten free, refined sugar free, and seriously THE BEST!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- extra kosher or sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use an electric mixer to mix together the eggs and coconut sugar.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Whisk again until the batter turns thick and sticky.
- On a lined baking sheet, use an ice cream scooper (for big cookies) to scoop six mounds onto the baking sheet.
- Get a small cup of water and dip a fork into the water.
- Use the wet fork to make a criss-cross imprint with the back of the fork.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Makes 10 cookies.
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies recipe, peanut butter cookies easy, peanut butter cookies no flour, peanut butter cookies no butter, paleo peanut butter cookies, paleo peanut butter cookies recipe, paleo flourless peanut butter cookies, gluten free peanut butter cookies, gluten free dairy free peanut butter cookies,