You guys, this is the little recipe that could. I attempted to make a lemon bread three times. The first was too dry. The second was too gummy. The third was juuuust right.
Wait wait, I want to change my fairytale reference from the little engine to goldilocks.
Or maybe it’s a mix of both! The little goldilocks engine? You get the idea…
We have a lemon tree outside the front of our house. I wanted it for years and years. I dreamed about growing lemons and casually walking out to my tree to pick one whenever I my little heart desired.
Well, I got one. I got it a few years ago and I love watching the process of it budding, flowering, and fruiting. I love the hummingbirds that slurp up the flower nectar. I’m nerding out hard for my lemon tree, but guys. It makes me happy.
Welp, every winter we have a surplus of lemons and this year I decided I needed to use this opportunity to give you alll the lemony things. And so, the aforementioned process of making this recipe perfect began.
This bread is moist and fluffy. I’m loving the sweet and tangy glaze. It really sinks into the bread and gives it a juicy burst. Make this for a brunch, to have with some tea, it’s really the perfect lemony treat. So, let’s make some Sweet + Tangy Glazed Lemon Bread!
Ingredients you’ll need for this gluten free lemon bread:
- salted butter
- coconut sugar
- blanched almond flour
- baking powder
How to make gluten free lemon bread:
Whisk. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Once combined, add the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Transfer to a pan. Line a pan with parchment paper. Pour the bread batter into the pan.
Bake. For 30 – 35 minutes until the top is set and golden brown.
Cool. Once the loaf is done baking, use a butter knife to loosen up the edges and transfer it to a cooling rack.
Make the glaze. Whisk together the glaze ingredients.
Drizzle. Drizzle the loaf with the glaze before or after (or both!) you slice it into 10 slices.
More lemon recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Zucchini & Lemon Burrata Pasta
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake (gluten free)
- Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted or room temp (ghee or refined coconut oil works too)
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted or room temp (ghee or refined coconut oil works)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice, eggs, and coconut sugar.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk until completely combined.
- Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 bread pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the bread batter into the pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the top is set and golden brown.
- When the loaf is almost done baking, whisk together the glaze ingredients: melted butter, lemon juice, agave nectar, and vanilla until completely creamed together.
- Once the loaf is done baking, use a butter knife to loosen up the edges and transfer it to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the loaf with the glaze before or after (or both!) you slice into it.
- Cut into 10 slices.