The Washington Post reports that only four in ten Americans eat nuts on any given day. WHATT?!! That’s totally foreign to me! We buy our nuts in bulk from a certain wholesale club and keep them in huge jars out on our counter for easy access…
When we feel our hand having to reach further and further down into the nut jar, a moment of panic sets in. NUTS. We’re almost out of nuts. Do we have more nuts in the house or do we need to get more?!! We try our best to stay fully stocked but really, it’s a losing battle.
And don’t even get me started on nut butters. By now y’all know how I feel bout them 😉
Nuts are a great snack! When I was pregnant with Caleb, I brought almonds with me everywhere to ward off morning sickness. They are an awesome source of protein and reported to improve cardiovascular health. Jaryd loves them because they are an easy, low carb snack that doesn’t mess with his blood sugar.
I make this nut recipe every year around this time.’Tis the season for hostess gifts and in my opinion, these nuts are pretty perfect. This is my version of chestnuts roasting on a open fire, I suppose.
This recipe took me only 20 minutes to make. I even had some little hands helping me combine the ingredients and they still turned out delicious! Fool proof, I tell you!
Let’s make some Roasted Spiced Nuts:
You pick whatever nuts you like! Generally, I like pecans and walnuts because they have a lot of little crevices that the sweet and spicy goodness likes to hide. This year, I did four different kinds: cashews, pecans, almonds, and walnuts. Ya girl likes options.
Spread the nuts out on a lined baking pan and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the ghee to a bowl and add the nuts when they’re done roasting.
Add the coconut sugar, cayenne, rosemary, and sea salt. Toss everything together and continue to toss until they’re well coated. Wait for nuts to cool before you store them.
Sweet + Spicy Roasted Nuts
These Sweet + Spicy Roasted Nuts are so addicting! They make the perfect holiday gift for a friend or teacher! Only a handful of ingredients and so easy!
- 1.5 lbs nuts (I used about 1.5 cups of each almonds, walnuts, pecans, and cashews)
- 2 tablespoon melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Spread the nuts out on a lined baking pan and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the ghee to a bowl and add the nuts when they’re done roasting.
- Add the coconut sugar, cayenne, rosemary, and sea salt.
- Toss everything together and continue to toss until they’re well coated.
- Wait for nuts to cool before you store them.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe