Mediterranean Chicken + Veggie Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I know weeknight dinners can be hard. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them because I know they can be super rushed, un-inspired, and overall just… boring.
I remember when the kids were younger I made scrambled eggs or “cheesy quesadillas” on repeat for a good week or two because I 1) didn’t have the energy to come up with anything new, and 2) I knew they’d be crowd pleasers. We all go through meal funks. Well guys, I’m about to shake you out of that funk.
I love the taste and flavor of meat that’s been soaking in a marinade for hours and hours. My issue? I finish working for the day and realize I forgot to marinate the meat. It happens without fail whenever I plan for a deliciously marinated dish. Insert my frustrated groan here.
When I come across something that makes my life easier, I want to shout it wide and far because I know it’ll help you babes out too. Ready for this? A marinade that doesn’t need to sit for hours on end. A marinade that only takes 10 easy minutes to infuse your protein with flavor and fun. Whatttt!! This is a lifesaver.
I tried a bunch of different marinades from Wild Garden’s taste of the Mediterranean line and I can’t tell you how excited I am that these marinades turn a meal that would have been hours in preparation to mere minutes. From opening that marinade pouch to plating your meal, this recipe will take you 20 easy minutes. That’s only half of a real housewives episode.
I used the Persian marinade which was SO flavorful and fun. I really loved how the exotic flavors made me feel like I was eating a meal from abroad. I love tasting new flavors that push me beyond my everyday routine. I couldn’t be more obsessed. They also have Turkish and Shawarma marinades that I can’t wait to make a meal out of.
Since Wild Garden also has packages of precooked pilafs (that heat in 90 seconds) I also thought it would be fun to add their couscous pouch to the recipe. They also have a Bulgur pouch and a Rice + Lentils pouch which are equally amazing, so feel free to throw those in instead of the couscous. If you want to lower the meal’s carb count or keep it gluten free, you can easily skip this step and just stick to the marinated meat and veggies.
So let’s make some Mediterranean Chicken + Veggie Skillet!
Place the chicken in a bowl and coat with the Persian marinade.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower florets, pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the veggies are browned.
While the veggies are cooking, add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a separate pan. Add the chicken, cooking about 4 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer translucent in the center.
*Optional (skip this step to make it lower carb and gluten free)* Cook the couscous according to package instructions. Add the couscous to the veggie skillet for the last minute of cooking.
A 20 minute weeknight dinner recipe that is so flavorful and delicious, you’ll be making it every night. It’s so easy to make, low carb and dairy free!
- 1 packet of Wild Garden Persian Marinade (6 oz)
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pouch Wild Garden couscous (8.8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken in a bowl and coat with the Persian marinade.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower florets, pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the veggies are browned.
- While the veggies are cooking, add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a separate pan.
- Add the chicken, cooking about 4 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer translucent in the center.
- *Optional (skip this step to make it lower carb and gluten free)* Cook the couscous according to package instructions. Add the couscous to the veggie skillet for the last minute of cooking.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
Thank you so much to Wild Garden for sponsoring this blog post! I love working with my favorite brands and couldn’t be more grateful they support The Toasted Pine Nut! xo