I’ve been dying yo make a deliciously moist olive oil cake ever since I went to a restaurant and they served it for dessert with a dollop of homemade whip.
I was so taken aback, I had no clue olive oil cake even existed let alone was so delicious! I made it a point to put it on my recipe bucket list and today is the day I get to share it with you!
This lemon olive oil cake is such a straightforward recipe. It’s what I like to call a dump cake because you just dump everything into a bowl and it basically just makes itself!
Ingredients and substitutions for this recipe
Lemon. Use some fresh lemons for zest and juice. This is what’s going to give it that light, fresh, summery flavor!
Eggs. We’re using three eggs here to help bind the almond flour and give the cake some lift. I haven’t tested it with egg replacements or flax eggs, so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it goes!
Extra virgin olive oil. This is what makes the cake! A good quality olive oil with a great flavor can really elevate this cake!
Coconut sugar. I love coconut sugar but if you don’t have it or don’t like it, another granular sweetener would work here as a sub.
Blanched almond flour. I love using almond flour in my desserts because it has a beautiful light pastry color and is a lot finer than an almond meal or un-blanched almond flour.
Baking Powder & Salt. This is where the baking magic happens.
Powdered Sugar. This is optional but makes the top of the cake really beautiful and adds some extra sweetness.
How to make lemon olive oil cake
Whisk. Place the wet ingredients into the bowl and whisk until combined. Then, add the dry ingredients and whisk again until smooth.
Bake. Line a circle pan with parchment paper and grease it with olive oil. Pour the batter into the pan and bake.
Cool & Remove. Allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Slide a butter knife around the edges of the pan, then transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!! Top it with some powdered sugar, cut it in slices and enjoy!
More olive oil desserts to try
Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Lemon Olive Oil Cake is deliciously moist and makes for a sweet summer treat! Light, fluffy, and refreshing, this cake is so simple to make!
- 2 lemons, zest and juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the lemon zest, juice, eggs, olive oil, and coconut sugar in your bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk again until smooth.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper and line a 9″ cake pan.
- Use a paper towel or olive oil spray bottle to oil the inside of the pan and top of the parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Slide a butter knife around the edges of the pan, then transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
- Top it with some powdered sugar, cut it into 8 slices and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 18.5g
- Sodium: 174mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe