Lemon Olive Oil Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve been dying yo make a deliciously moist olive oil cake ever since I went to a restaurant and they served it for dessert with a dollop of homemade whip. I was so taken aback, I had no clue olive oil cake even existed let alone was so delicious! I made it a point to put it on my recipe bucket list and today is the day I get to share it with you babes.
I’m giving you the play by play over on my YouTube channel, so please subscribe and hit that thumbs up button, I’d love for you to be a part of my YouTube fam!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy! I’ve made this a legit 3 or 4 times and it has turned out PERFECTLY each time.
Deliciously moist Lemon Olive Oil Cake that is a perfectly sweet summer treat! You’ll love this low carb, gluten free, and paleo-friendly cake recipe!
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 lemon, zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the lemon zest, juice, eggs, olive oil, and coconut sugar in your food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Add the almond flour, cashew flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Process again until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process again for 5 seconds.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper and line your 9″ cake pan.
- Use a paper towel to oil the inside of the pan and top of the parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and cook for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Take a butter knife and glide it around the edges of the pan, then transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
- Whisk together the melted cocoa butter, agave, and lemon zest.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake, allowing it a drip slightly down the sides.
- Then, immediately put it in the freezer for the glaze to harden and remove it once the glaze is opaque.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Serving (1 slice): Calories 315; Fat 25.3g (Sat 4.1g); Protein 2.7g; Carb 22.9g (net carb 21.7g); Fiber 1.2g; Sodium 170mg