Deliciously moist Lemon Olive Oil Cake that is a perfectly sweet summer treat! You’ll love this low carb, gluten free, and paleo-friendly cake recipe!
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 lemon, zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the lemon zest, juice, eggs, olive oil, and coconut sugar in your food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Add the almond flour, cashew flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Process again until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process again for 5 seconds.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper and line your 9″ cake pan.
- Use a paper towel to oil the inside of the pan and top of the parchment paper.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and cook for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Take a butter knife and glide it around the edges of the pan, then transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
- Whisk together the melted cocoa butter, agave, and lemon zest.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake, allowing it a drip slightly down the sides.
- Then, immediately put it in the freezer for the glaze to harden and remove it once the glaze is opaque.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Serving (1 slice): Calories 315; Fat 25.3g (Sat 4.1g); Protein 2.7g; Carb 22.9g (net carb 21.7g); Fiber 1.2g; Sodium 170mg