Easter is less than a week away and I’m feeling the urge to make ALL the carrot cake recipes I can think of 😆 I’m one of those people that doesn’t plan far enough in advance and then the week of the holiday comes up and I’m like baahh I gotta get on it.
So at first when I made these cookies and they were super hearty and delicious and perfect for a breakfast cookie. But, I wanted to make them a bit sweeter so I tried a second batch. I’m honestly obsessed with both versions, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the sweet version so I knew it had to get on the blog asap.
I love how moist and flavorful these are. They definitely remind me a lot of carrot cake and I bet you could make a really delicious cream cheese icing (kinda like the one on these pumpkin cookies) to make them next level.
I was SO into these after I made them. Ate about three for my lunch and then Jaryd came home and confirmed they were amazing. But, the true test is the kids, right? My older son isn’t so into nuts, so he requested I make them again sans nuts. My younger son put these cookies away like nobody’s business.
They’re a crowd pleaser, and if you’re a bit too intimated by carrot cake itself, I’m seriously suggesting these carrot cake cookies. Orr these cupcakes, or these carrot cake bars. I guess at this point the only carrot cake I don’t have on the blog yet is ACTUAL carrot cake. So, keep your eyes out for next year!
Let’s get into the recipe, because I know you are going to LOVE these Carrot Cake Macadamia Nut Cookies as much as I do!
Whisk together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
Add the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until everything is combined.
Fold in the shredded carrots and chopped macadamia nuts.
Use an ice cream scooper to scoop 6-8 cookie dough mounds onto your lined baking sheet. Top each cookie dough mound with additional chopped nuts and slightly press the top down gently.
Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Transfer to a cooling rack and continue this process until the cookie dough is all used up. Makes about 14 cookies.
Carrot Cake Macadamia Nut Cookies
These Carrot Cake Macadamia Nut Cookies are so flavorful and delicious!! They are fluffy and moist and taste exactly like carrot cake but with a crisp outer edge! They’re gluten free, paleo, and perfect for any time of day in my opinion!!
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk until everything is combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop 6-8 cookie dough mounds onto your lined baking sheet.
- Top each cookie dough mound with additional chopped nuts and slightly press the top down gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and continue this process until the cookie dough is all used up. Makes about 14 cookies.
- Per cookie: Calories 170; Fat 13.9g (Sat 5.2g); Protein 2.5g; Carb 10g (net carbs 8.5g); Fiber 1.5g; Sodium 179mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe