You guys. Something huge happened. Gwyneth Paltrow regramed one of my Instagram pics. Ok ok, maayyybe it wasn’t Gwyneth herself. But either Gwyneth or someone that works for Gwyn, Gwynnie, GPalt (we’re besties) reposted my zoodle pic. I kinda died. Check it out here.
Somewhere around the super bowl I began seeing jalapeño poppers pop (ha!) up everywhere. Perfect game day appetizer. I couldn’t get them out of my head. So, I did my little rendition of jalapeño poppers because spring. Flowers pop up out of the ground. Baby birds pop out of their eggs. Parties pop up everywhere and homegirl needs to bring an appy.
The flavor combo is unreal. It’s like the trifecta of tastes: spicy, creamy, sweet. Orrr, maybe it’s more of a taste/texture trifecta. Whatever, it’s perfection.
I used jalapeños, but you know those mini assorted red, orange, and yellow mini peppers that you can buy in a bag at the store? Those would totally work if you’re trying to avoid the heat. So let’s make some Three Cheese Jalapeño Poppers:
Cut your jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. If you have some type of plastic gloves, definitely use them. I’m the girl that put her hands inside plastic baggies and called it a success. I mean, not the most nimble situation, but totally workable.
One time I didn’t protect my hands and then “itched” my nose. My nose was on fire for a good 24 hours.
Wash the jalapeños and pat them dry. Toss them in a large bowl with melted coconut oil. Then, lay them on a lined baking sheet with the inside-side up.
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and shredded cheddar. You know how all those recipes out there call for “room temp” cream cheese? I totally support you popping the cream cheese in the microwave for 20ish seconds to bring it to room temperature. Just saying.
Use a spatula to fill the insides of the jalapeños with cream cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top of each jalapeño.
Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until softened and browned. I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes to really give the top that summer glow 🙂
Finally, quickly drizzle balsamic reduction on each jalapeño and serve them warm!
Three Cheese Jalapeños Poppers
Fun and tasty Three Cheese Jalapeño Poppers that are the trifecta of delicious flavor: spicy jalapeño, creamy cheese, and a sweet drizzle on top!
- 9 – 12 jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut your jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. If you have some type of plastic gloves, definitely use them to remove the seeds. I used plastic baggies and they worked great!
- Wash the jalapeños and pat them dry.
- Toss the jalapeños in a large bowl with melted coconut oil until well coated.
- Then, lay them on a lined baking sheet with the inside-side up.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and shredded cheddar and mix until combined and smooth.
- Use a spatula to fill the insides of the jalapeños with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top of each jalapeño.
- Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until softened and browned. I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes.
- Finally, quickly drizzle balsamic reduction on each jalapeño and serve them warm!
- Calories: 1241
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 1423mg
- Fat: 112g
- Saturated Fat: 68g
- Unsaturated Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 308mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe