How have I gone this long in my life and not have pan-friend gnocchi? IT’S SOO GOOD!!
I’m talking crispy on the outside with a slight crunch when you into it. Then, that soft pillowy middle we know and love.
Even better, this dinner comes together in 20 minutes! You make in one pan and you may die over the deliciousness, I don’t know. It’s creamy, it’s rich, I’m already dreaming about making it again.
Boiled Gnocchi v. Pan Fried Gnocchi
Boiled. My entire life I’ve boiled gnocchi (as directed by literally every gnocchi package I’ve come in contact with). And, they’ve been soft pillowy pasta delights, let me tell you.
You drop them in boiling water and minutes later, they’ll float to the top making for a deliciously quick dinner.
Fried. Pan fried gnocchi is cooked in a pan with some oil or butter (I use both) creating a crisp outside with a soft pillowy inside we know and love.
Which way is the winner? I hate to pick favorites, but pan-friend gnocchi is the way to go. Yes, it’s a bit more of a time commitment (about 15 minutes) but trust me when I say it is worth it.
Ingredients for Pan Fried Gorgonzola Gnocchi:
Gnocchi. The star of the show! I just used regular gnocchi from the food store, but you could use any gnocchi you like!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Butter. I use just a couple tablespoons in equal parts to fry these babies up!
Heavy Cream. The base for our gorgonzola sauce!
Gorgonzola. Omg this is heaven.
Garlic. Yes please!
Salt & Pepper. Always.
How to Fry Gnocchi:
Pan fried gnocchi is amazing to eat and also amazingly easy to make.
Melt the butter and heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi to the pan and fry for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the gnocchi is golden brown on the outside and cripsy!
How to Make Gorgonzola Sauce:
Gorgonzola sauce is insanely decadent and only a few ingredients! After the gnocchi is done getting all nice and golden brown, add the cream and gorgonzola to the pan.
Stir in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens up a bit.
More one pan dinners:
- One Pot Healthy Chicken Stew
- Lemon Cranberry Chicken Skillet
- Low Carb Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Easy Skillet Chicken Enchiladas
- One Skillet Creamy White Wine Chicken
Pan Fried Gorgonzola Gnocchi
Pan Fried Gorgonzola Gnocchi will be your favorite 20 minute dinner! Learn how to fry gnocchi with a crispy outside and soft middles!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb. gnocchi
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Melt the butter and heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the gnocchi to the pan and fry for 15 minutes, stirring and tossing frequently until the gnocchi is golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- After the gnocchi is done getting all nice and golden brown, add the cream and gorgonzola to the pan.
- Stir in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Plate, grind some fresh pepper on top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup pasta
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 1270mg
- Fat: 30.9g
- Saturated Fat: 15.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.7g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe