Garlic + Herb Spaghetti Squash
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy (almost) New Year everyone!! What are your plans?!! Hopefully it’s something sparkly, bubbly, and magical 🙂 For the past two (maybe three, I can’t even remember) years I’ve slept through the ball drop. Pathetic, I know. I’m exhausted people!! I can’t make it to midnight!!
This year a few friends are coming over to countdown to noon. We’re calling it “Noon’s Year Eve.” We’ll have brunch and mimosas and have our own midday celebration. Plus the kids can celebrate too! 2014 was good to us and will be remembered fondly. Recap: I graduated law school, passed the PA and NJ bars, we welcomed a new baby into our family, we made new friends, pursued new hobbies, and, well, it was an overall damn good year. I hope 2015 treats us just as well. Does anyone have any good new years resolutions? I never do. I was hoping I could steal yours. haha
This recipe is a “must make.” Bookmark, pin, screenshot, whatevs… come back to it when you’re ready. This is one of my absolute favs. It’s all pretty easy to make. While the squash is cooking, you grab all the other ingredients, throw into the squash and done-zo!
I made this for lunch and it makes the most delicious, fragrant, filling, healthy meal. Hands down, this is my favorite spaghetti squash meal ever. Bold statement, but right now I’m digging this pretty hard. Have you ever come across a recipe, fallen in love with it, and then make it on repeat until you get so sick of it you never want to see it again? That’s me right now.
Once I get sick of it, I’ll go on a hiatus for a few months then pick it back up right where I left off. Perhaps it’s a pathological cycle. The positive side is that the hiatus allows me to fall in love with other recipes and expand my palate or something like that.
Here’s what you do to make some Garlic and Herb Spaghetti Squash:
Cut the ends off your spaghetti squash and then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt.
Place the spaghetti squash on a lined baking sheet with the flat side down and roast for 35-40 minutes.
While your squash is cooking, prep all your ingredients. Grate your cheese, chop your herbs, mince your garlic, you get the picture.
I also use this time to perfectly toast my pine nuts 😉
After the squash is done the initial 35 minutes, flip it and roast for another 10-15 minutes.
Combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, agave, and garlic cloves in a jar with a lid and shake.
Use a fork to loosen up the spaghetti squash strands from the outer shell.
Drizzle the dressing into the squash.
Divide the cheese and herbs between the center of the squash halves and top with toasted pine nuts.
Really tasty low carb + gluten free Garlic + Herb Spaghetti Squash recipe that is so easy to make and filling!! I love how light and flavorful it is!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop our the seeds and discard.
- Brush with olive oil on the insides of the spaghetti squash and sprinkle with salt.
- Place flat side down on a lined baking sheet and cook for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Flip so the flat side is facing up and roast for another 10 minutes.
- While the spaghetti squash is roasting, prep your other ingredients.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, agave, and minced garlic cloves in a jar with a lid and shake.
- When the squash is done, use a fork to loosen up the spaghetti squash strands from the outer shell.
- Drizzle the dressing into the squash.
- Divide the cheese and herbs between the center of the squash halves.
- Top with toasted pine nuts.
Per serving: Calories 474; Fat 43.4g (Sat 14.2g); Protein 19.1g; Carb 5.2g (net carbs 3.4g); Fiber 1.8g; Sodium 421mg
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 266mg
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
Let me know how you like it and what your new years plans are!! I would love to live vicariously through you 🙂