Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
BIG NEWS!! Tomorrow is my 2 year blogiversary. I know I know. I can’t believe it’s been two years! So many growing pains and lessons have come my way, so I’m making a super fun post for you guys to read tomorrow. It’s all about recapping this past year and reflecting on the things I learned and sharing it all with you!
So, stay tuned because that’s all coming atcha tomorrow!
But for now, I need you to know that I love chicken thighs. Don’t believe me? Check it here and here. Sure I love chicken breasts for chicken salad, but my main chicken love is the thighs. I’ve just always been a fan of that juicy, moist dark meat. Plus, I feel like you can easily overcook white meat and then it gets dry and squeaky. But, dark meat is a bit more lenient. And, I like lenient.
I promise to ease up on my chicken thigh obsession (I just love how easy and delicious they are!!) but for now check out this creamy, juicy, sweetness in a skillet…
I love the flavor of sun-dried tomatoes. They aren’t something always on my radar, but when I get the craving, I always go for it. I love their sweetness. It’s such an unexpected burst of flavor that really adds some shine to a dish.
This is a one skillet meal (God, I love those) that can EASILY be thrown together for any weeknight. With only a handful of ingredients and a pow of flavor, this baby is crowd pleaser. So, without further adieu, let’s make some Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken!!
First, place your chicken thighs on a plate and generously salt and pepper both sides. Place your skillet over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs, top side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the top is brown and then flip. Cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate. It will still be raw inside and will cook more in the oven.
Keep the pan over medium heat and add the minced garlic. Once it becomes fragrant, add the chicken broth, cream, and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and keep over the heat for 3-4 minutes until it reduces a bit.
Nuzzle the chicken thighs back into the skillet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until it’s cooked through. Top with chopped basil and serve!
The best low carb and gluten free one skillet meal! It’s perfect for a special occasion or an easy, healthy weeknight meal!
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced/chopped
- 4 basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place your chicken thighs on a plate and season generously salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken thighs, top side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the top (part touching the pan) is browned and then flip.
- Cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate. It will still be raw inside and will cook more in the oven.
- Keep the pan over medium heat and add the minced garlic.
- Once it becomes fragrant, add the chicken broth, cream, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and keep over the heat for 3-4 minutes until it reduces a bit.
- Nuzzle the chicken thighs back into the skillet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until it’s cooked through.
- Top with chopped basil and serve!
- Per serving: Calories 457; Fat 28.2g (Sat 15.7g); Protein 46.2g; Carb 3.1g; Sodium 394mg
- Serving Size: 3
Keywords: sun dried tomato, sun dried tomato recipe, sun dried tomato chicken, sun dried tomato sauce, creamy sun dried tomato sauce, chicken recipe, chicken dinner recipe, one pan meals, one pan skillet, one pan recipes, one pan dinners, one skillet meals, one skillet chicken, one skillet chicken recipes,