This recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Meatballs is an easy set it and forget it meal! It’s so juicy, flavorful, and perfect for a party appetizer!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- additional salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped onion, turkey, dried cranberries, egg, almond flour, shredded cheddar, minced garlic, and salt.
- Place the BBQ sauce, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, and cinnamon in your slow cooker.
- Roll the turkey meatballs and place them into the slow cooker. Turn on low and cook for 4 – 6 hours. After the meatballs are cooked through, you can remove it from the pot and pour the sauce into the a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Taste the sauce and add salt to taste.
- Place the meatballs back into the sauce and serve in sandwiches, lettuce wraps, or as is!