Fun way to celebrate #tacotuesday but keep it low carb and gluten free with these Pepper Shell Tacos!! The sweet potato and black beans add a nice flavor!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 – 6 red bell peppers
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado
- salsa and sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Saute the onion and sweet potato in coconut oil over medium-high heat for about five minutes.
- Add the meat and seasoning, using your spatula to break up the meat.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the beans and cook through.
- Cut the peppers in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and rinse the insides.
- Place the peppers on a lined baking pan and fill them with the meat mixture.
- Top with Mexican cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Serving : Calories 494; Fat 23.4g (Sat 11.4g); Protein 36.9g; Carb 36.1g (net carb 26.4g); Fiber 9.7g; Sodium 637mg