The only soup you need this winter is this Orange Ginger Carrot Soup! It’s refreshing and sweet and keeps you warm on these chilly nights! It’s vegan and packed with nourishing, wholesome ingredients you can feel good about.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4.5 cups carrots, chopped (about 1.5 pounds)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 orange, peeled after zesting and coarsed chopped
- 1 pear, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions soften and are light brown.
- Add chopped carrots, vegetable stock, and water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook as you prep your other ingredients.
- Zest the orange and set the zest aside.
- Peel the orange and coarsely cut it into pieces, making sure there are no seeds.
- Add cut up orange, pear, and ginger to the pot.
- Cook on high for another 5 – 10 minutes, until the carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
- Pour the contents into a blender.
- If you’re using a food processor, you may need to do this step in increments.
- Blend until smooth.
- Keep warm on the stove top until you’re ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with orange zest and fresh thyme.
- Per serving: Calories 85; Fat 3.5g (Sat 2.9g); Protein 1.1g; Carb 13.7g (net carbs 10.6g); Fiber 3.1g; Sodium 46mg
- Serving Size: 8