Step up your brunch game with this low carb + gluten free One Skillet Spiralized Peppers + Eggs! It’s easier and comes together way quicker than you think!
- 4 bell peppers, spiralized with blade A
- 1/2 red onion, spiralized with blade A
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- pinch sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 4 leaves basil
- Spiralize your peppers and onion.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the pepper and onion strands a couple times. I underestimated the importance of this step but if you skip it, it is literally one giant never ending strand 🙂
- Place the peppers and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat with avocado oil (olive oil or coconut oil works too).
- Cook for about 7 minutes until things start to soften, using tongs to toss occasionally.
- Add the agave and sea salt and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes, the peppers and onion should be softened and slightly browned.
- Use a spoon to make 4 holes in the peppers. Turn the heat to medium-low and crack the eggs into the holes.
- Cook the eggs until the clear part of the egg turns white but the yolks are still runny.
- If needed, place under a broiler on low for 2 – 3 minutes to cook the top clear part of the egg but maintain the runny yolk.
- Sprinkle the with toasted pine nuts and hemp hearts and garnish with basil!
- Serving Size: 4