These gluten free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies are perfect whether you’re a new mom or just wanting a fun treat for the whole family! Super simple, filling, and packed with wholesome ingredients!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup ghee (butter or coconut oil also works)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Brewer’s yeast
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- couple pinches of sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the water and flax seed meal in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes. This will turn into a flax egg.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the ghee (butter or coconut oil works too), coconut sugar, Brewer’s yeast, and vanilla.
- Add the flax egg to the large bowl and whisk everything together.
- Add the oats, coconut, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold everything together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop balls into your hands.
- Pack them in your hands super tight and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan.
- Once cool, reshape the cookies with your hands (if needed) and store in the fridge. I find they really congeal after you pop them in the fridge for an hour or so!