The only hot chocolate recipe you’ll need all winter. Low carb + gluten free and perfect to warm you up with it gets chilly outside!
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or favorite sweetener)
- 2 cups coffee (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or favorite sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of sea salt
- chocolate drizzle (optional)
- sea salt for topping (optional)
- Use an electric mixer to whip your cream for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Right when the cream started to firm up and become whipped, add the agave (or preferred sweetener) and continue until whip cream is formed. Set aside.
- Brew two cups of coffee and place it in a mason jar with your cocoa, agave, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt.
- Shake and combine everything.
- Pour it into your individual mugs and top with a generous dollop of the whip.
- I topped my whip with a chocolate drizzle, some cinnamon, chili sprinkle, and sea salt.
Per serving: Calories 122; Fat 12.0g (Sat 7.4g); Protein 2.1g; Carb 4.6g (net carbs 2.3g); Fiber 2.3g; Sodium 141mg
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 83mg