Servings: 4 cups 1x
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup ghee (coconut oil or butter also works)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine the flax meal, hemp seeds, and vanilla.
- In food processor, process the almonds and peanuts until chopped with some larger pieces. Add to large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the ghee, peanut butter, and coconut sugar together. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into the large bowl and toss.
- Add the water and continue to toss. Things will begin to clump together.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Things should begin to crisp after 20 minutes.
- When the 20 minutes are up, stir the granola one more time. Return the baking sheet to the oven, but turn the oven off. Let the granola sit in the oven for another 20 minutes.
serving size: about 1/2 cup