Juicy whole roasted chicken is packed with delicious spice and flavor. It’s so juicy, has crispy skin, and is such an easy, family-friendly chicken recipe!
- 1 (2 – 3 pound) chicken
- 1/2 cup salted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- optional: 1 tablespoon of chopped herbs like sage or fresh oregano to add some green
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove and discard the neck and anything stuffed inside the cavity of the bird.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Pace the chicken in a baking dish breast-side up.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a small dish.
- Stick the other 1/4 cup stick of butter inside the chicken.
- Brush the bird with the melted butter.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on top of the butter and pat the spices onto the outside of the bird.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use the brush to baste the bird and brush the outside with the juices that have collected at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roast for an additional 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with chopped herbs if using. Allow it to rest for 15 – 20 minutes before cutting into it.