Four ingredient homemade vegan caramel sauce comes together in under 20 minutes and perfect for drizzling on any dessert!
- 1 can (15 oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the coconut cream and coconut sugar in a saucepot or deep skillet over high heat.
- Bring it to a rolling boil for 15 minutes, whisking constantly.
- If it’s not thickening up to your liking, turn up the heat and continue to whisk constantly as it boils for another 5 – 10 minutes. Take it off the heat right before your desired consistency because it continues to thicken as it cools.
- Once the caramel is your desired consistency, turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Eat it warm if you wish, or place it in the fridge for it to continue to thicken.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade caramel. caramel sauce, vegan caramel sauce, paleo caramel sauce, caramel sauce using coconut cream, caramel using coconut sugar2