Really decadent but light and delicious Herbed Zucchini + Ricotta Pie is the perfect low carb and gluten free recipe for weekend brunch!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 small zucchinis, grated (or 2 large zucchinis)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 7 oz. ricotta (whole milk)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup light cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Hand grate the zucchini or use your grating attachment on your food processor.
- Squeeze the excess water out of zucchini using a cheesecloth or clean, thin dishtowel. This is a super important step to squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Put the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Cook zucchini for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until they start to brown.
- Add the shallots and herbs to the pan. Stir to combine and then remove from the heat.
- Put the ricotta, eggs, and cream in a large bowl and add the zucchini mixture. Mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish (I used a pie/quiche dish) and bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Top with additional herbs for fun 🙂
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: zucchini, zucchini recipes, zucchini recipes keto, zucchini recipes vegetarian, zucchini recipes gluten free, zucchini recipes baked, zucchini pie, zucchini pie keto, zucchini pie gluten free, zucchini pie filling, zucchini ricotta, zucchini ricotta bake, zucchini ricotta pie, zucchini ricotta quiche, zucchini ricotta quiche, zucchini ricotta quiche recipe, crustless zucchini ricotta quiche, crustless zucchini ricotta quiche recipe, crustless quiche recipe, vegetarian quiche recipe