- 2 cups unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 6 – 8 raw almonds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cacao or more)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (to mix in with the chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, for topping
- Place the coconut, agave nectar, coconut oil, and sea salt in your food processor.
- Process until sticky and clumps together, taking time to scrape down the sides to get everything processed together.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cutting board.
- Use your hands to form oval shapes and place on the parchment paper.
- Lay one almond on each mound.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted chocolate chips and 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil until drizzly.
- Place a mound in the chocolate bowl and spoon the chocolate over the mound until it’s coated.
- Use a fork to lift the mound up and drip off any excess chocolate.
- Place it back on the parchment paper and continue until all the candies are coated.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes, store in fridge until ready to eat.
Serving (1 candy): Calories 111; Fat 8.8g (Sat 7.2g); Protein 0.8g; Carb 8.6g (net carb 7.7g); Fiber 0.9g; Sodium 118mg