Spooky Gluten Free Mummy Brownies make for the perfect Halloween dessert!! They’re intensely fudgey, rich, and so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works!)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 24 candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. I did this in the large mixing bowl I was planning on using for the brownies so I didn’t have to dirty a second bowl.
- Whisk together the melted chocolate, coconut sugar, agave nectar, eggs, and vanilla in the large bowl.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients – blanched almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the batter into the edges and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes until the edges are puffed a bit and the center is set with you wiggle the pan.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes. You can chill these in the fridge for an hour or two for intensely fudgey and to make them easier to cut.
- Hot tip: use a plastic knife to cut the brownies to make smooth lines as you cut them.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut them into 12 rectangles.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a small plastic baggie, close it, and cut off the corner.
- Drizzle the white chocolate across the brownie, back and forth and a few diagonal lines.
- Place two eyes toward the top of each brownie.
- Eat immediately or chill in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the white chocolate to harden.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 37.8g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg