Get into the fall spirit with deliciously nutty, cinnamon Gluten Free Apple Crisp! Add a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream on top for a perfect dessert!
- 2 honeycrisp apples (or favorite apples)
- 2 cups pecans (any mix of nut or seeds you like works)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil (butter or ghee works)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (any nut or seed butter works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel the skin off the apples and thinly slice them.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and place the apples in a steaming basket over the boiling water and cover.
- Steam for about five minutes until the apples are softened but still appears crunchy and maintain their shape.
- While the apples are steaming, place the pecans (any mix of nut and seeds that sounds good to you will work), almond flour, salt, and coconut sugar in food processor.
- Process until chopped up and combined, about 25 – 20 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Process again until it the mixture balls up, about 30 seconds.
- In an oven-proof skillet, press 2/3 of the nutty mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the steamed apples, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works), and cinnamon.
- Transfer the apples into the skillet on top of the first layer of crust.
- Then, crumble the remaining nutty mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Add a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream on top and enjoy!!