- 2 tablespoons ghee (butter or any cooking oil)
- 1 sweet potato, cut in cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut in slices then in halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. precooked chicken sausage (I used sweet Italian, but use any flavor you like!)
- 3 eggs
- Sauté the sweet potato in ghee over medium-high heat in an oven proof pan.
- After about five minutes, add the onion, pepper, zucchini, and garlic. Continue to cook until the veggies are browned and reduced, about 7 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook another couple minutes until browned.
- Use a spoon to make three divets or holes in the veggie hash.
- Crack the eggs, putting one in each hole.
- Continue to cook on low heat for a couple minutes, then broil on high for 2-3 minutes until the clear part of the egg turns white.
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy!!
I used caramelized onion meatballs, but you can really use whatever meat and flavor you like – sausage, spicy meatballs, your choice!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 674
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 26g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 291mg