Healthy chocolate zucchini muffins made with almond flour and no refined sugar! Perfect for a delicious gluten free treat!
- 1 large zucchini, grated (about 1 cup after out squeeze the liquid out)
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup salted grass-fed butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- two pinches sea salt
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean, thin dish towel.
- Keep it in the towel and place it in a strainer in the sink.
- In your bowl, whisk together the almond butter, agave nectar, eggs, and butter.
- Add the cocoa, almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from the zucchini and place the shredded zucchini into the bowl. Fold everything together.
- Line the muffin tins with papers and fill each tin almost all the way.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let stand in the tins for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: zucchini muffins, chocolate zucchini muffins, gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins