Delicious double chocolate donuts made with almond flour!! They’re low(er) carb, gluten free, paleo, and SO EASY to make!! The homemade glaze is unreal!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted and cooled a bit (butter or ghee works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and agave nectar.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Dip a paper towel into your coconut oil and grease the donut pan.
- Pour the batter into a plastic baggie and cut off one corner.
- Squeeze the batter out into the donut pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Leave the donuts in the pan for a couple minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. If you need to use a butter knife to loosen it up before you take them out, then go for it.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, agave nectar, and cocoa to make the icing.
- If the glaze is too thick, microwave it for 20 seconds in the microwave to make it more thin and glaze-y.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and then set aside.
- Sprinkle some pink Himalayan sea salt on top of each donut.
- Place in the fridge for a couple minutes for the glaze to harden.
Per donut: Calories 355; Fat 28.7g (Sat 16.8g); Protein 6.5g; Carb 22.3g (net carbs 19.3g); Fiber 3.0g; Sodium 338mg