This vegetarian Creamy Cheddar Cauliflower Soup is the perfect bowl to warm up with! The cauliflower keeps it light and healthy and the cheddar adds such a fun, indulgent taste.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely cut
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut in florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole milk (unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk works too)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot add the olive oil, garlic, and onions.
- Sauté for about five minutes over medium-high heat, until the onions begin to soften and brown.
- Add the cauliflower florets, vegetable broth, milk, and sea salt.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork. I put a lid on mine but kept it cracked.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, add half of the cauli mixture to the food processor along with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Puree mixture until it is smooth, a good minute. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides, and turn it on again to make sure it’s all smooth.
- Place pureed soup in a pot over low heat to keep it warm.
- Serving Size: 6