Servings: 12 macaroons 1x
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use an electric handheld mixture to beat your egg whites and salt until firm peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Gently and continuously fold the egg whites as you drizzle in the agave nectar and melted butter.
- Once incorporated, fold in the shredded coconut.
- On a lined baking sheet, use an ice cream scooper to scoop 12 macaroons on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until the bottoms and tops are golden brown.
- Allow the macaroons to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium bowl and place in the microwave. I put it in for a minute and a half, stirring every 30 seconds. The chocolate should be silky smooth.
Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the bowl and place them on a piece of parchment paper.
- Once they are all dipped, drizzle the remaining chocolate on top of each macaroon.
- Sprinkle the tops with flakey salt and place in fridge for about 5 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 525
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Fat: 45.4g
- Saturated Fat: 39.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg