Really fun and summery low carb + gluten free mixed Barry Galette! I love how easy and laid back this is! Throw a scoop of ice cream on top and enjoy!!
- 1 cup blanced almond flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperture
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 1 egg, whisked
- In your food processor combine the melted butter, sea salt, and almond flour.
- Process until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides and process again.
- Place the crust batter in plastic wrap and press it into a 1 inch patty.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove the crust from the plastic wrap and place it between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the crust. If it cracks and is hard to roll, you may want to wait a few minutes until it is a bit softer.
- Roll out into a circle, square, rectangle, whatever shape you desire. The awesome thing about galettes is there aren’t really any rules in my opinion.
- Take off the top layer of parchment paper off the crust and lift the crust up by the bottom piece and place it on a baking sheet.
- Pour berries into the center and use a rubber spatula to peel the crust up and fold it onto the berry center.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl and brush it around the outer crust.
- Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes and top with your favorite low carb ice cream. I’m obsessed with this one.
Per serving: Calories 349; Fat 30.0g (Sat 11.5g); Protein 6.4g; Carb 13.9g (net carb 9.6g); Fiber 4.3g; Sodium 205mg