- 2 large beets, cooked
- 1/2 – 1 leek
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 can (13 oz) unsweetened coconut milk (reserve some cream from the top for topping)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- First, cook your beets (or buy them pre-cooked).
- Cut off the stems of the beets and rinse them under cold water to remove any dirt.
- Place them in a large pot of boiling water for 60 minutes, topping off the water in the pot as needed.
- Drain the beets and allow them to cool in a colander in the sink.
- Turn on the cold water and peel the beets by pressing your thumb down firmly.
- Cut the peeled beets coarsely into cubes and place in your blender.
- Slice 1/2 – 1 leek, depending on how much onion flavor you like, place them in the blender.
- Add the cashews (soaked or not, depending on how much time you have. I didn’t soak.), coconut milk, water, and sea salt.
- Blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Pour the soup into a pot over medium-high heat to warm before consumption.
- Top with toasted pepitas and coconut cream.
- You may need to warm the coconut cream in the microwave for 30 seconds so it’s easily drizzle-able.
- Per serving: Calories 390; Fat 31.7g (Sat 16.4g); Protein 7.8g; Carb 19.2g (net carb 14.7g); Fiber 4.5g; Sodium 467mg
- Serving Size: 4