The beets and blue cheese are the perfect balance of creamy decadence and earthy nutrients. Twirl them up with a crunchy zoodle base and enjoy!
- 2 large zucchini, rinsed and spiralized with blade C
- 2 large beets, rinsed (or about 4–5 smaller pre-cooked beets)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you’re cooking you’re own beets, place beets in pot of cold water.
- Bring the water to boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Boil beets for 45-60 minutes, or until easily speared with a skewer with little resistance.
- Spiralize your zucchini with blade C.
- Place in a strainer lined with a paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Once the beets have cooled a bit, peel the beets under cold water by pressing down with your thumb to remove the skin.
- Cut the beets into cubes.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic pepper, salt and pepper in a lidded jar and shake to make the dressing.
- In separate bowl, combine cubed beets, chopped walnuts, the crumbled blue cheese and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Pat the spiralized zucchini dry with a paper towel and divide into individual bowls.
- Place heaping mound of beet mixture on top of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle each bowl with remaining blue cheese.
Keywords: beet salad, beet salad recipe, beet salad vegetarian, beet salad blue cheese, beet zoodle salad, beet clue cheese salad, beet blue cheese balsamic, beet blue cheese walnut salad, beet blue cheese zoodle salad, beet blue cheese zucchini salad, beet zoodles, beet zoodle recipes, zoodle salad, zoodle salad keto, zoodle salad with blue cheese, zoodle salad recipe, zoodle salad recipes vegetarian, zoodle salad recipes gluten free, zoodle salad recipes low carb