The BEST vegetarian chili recipe for the Super Bowl or whenever!! You’ll be obsessed with the flavor! Plus it’s low carb, gluten free, and paleo!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 15ounce cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce package of Love Beets Smoky Shredded Beets
- Cilantro for topping
- Avocado, sliced for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
- Place the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and celery in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft and the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic cloves, vegetable broth, spices, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until it reaches a thicker, chili consistency. Mine only took 5 – 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the shredded beets, and stir everything together.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the chili to individual bowls.
- Top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, whatever you want!
- Per serving: Calories 190; Fat 23.2g (Sat 5.2g); Protein 6.3g; Carb 23.2g (net carb 18g); Fiber 5.2g; Sodium 1045mg
- Serving Size: 4