Try these Vegetarian Beet Burgers on top of your favorite salad or bun! Packed with plant-based goodies and flavors you’ll love!
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked beets, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the avocado oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, then add the riced cauliflower. Cook for 3 additional minutes until the veggies are lightly browned.
- Add the almond flour, flax meal, arrowroot powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper to a food processor. Process for about 10 seconds until combined.
- Add the beets and cooked vegetables to the food processor.
- Pulse until combined. The mixture will turn a hot pink color, and will be moist.
- Fold in the chickpeas, sunflower seeds, almonds, and cilantro.
- Heat a separate large pan over medium-high heat with another teaspoon of avocado oil.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture out of the food processor and place into your hands. Gently press and shape into burger patties.
- Place the burgers into the pan and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes and then flip. I fit three burgers into my pan at one time.
- Cook the other side for another 3 minutes, using the back of your spatula to press the burger down.
- Serve with a tahini or ranch drizzle, in a lettuce wrap or on your bun of choice!
Keywords: beet burger, beet burger recipe, beet burger recipe easy, beet burger vegan recipe, beet burger patties, beet chickpea burger, beet and chickpea burger recipe, vegan burger, vegan burger recipe, vegan burger recipe, vegan burger recipe easy, began burger recipe beets, vegan burger recipe with chickpeas, veggie burger recipe, veggie burger recipe vegan, veggie burger recipe no mushrooms, veggie burger recipe without mushrooms, veggie burger recipe easy, vegetarian burger, vegetarian burger recipe, vegetarian burger patties,