This veggie chickpea burger recipe is a great vegetarian alternative to beef burgers and hot dogs at your summer BBQ! They’re gluten free and easy to make!
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 zucchini, shredded and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Place the water, flax meal, garlic, and buffalo sauce in your food processor.
- Process for about 20 – 30 seconds until the garlic is chopped up and combined.
- Shred the zucchini into a clean, thin dishtowel.
- Gather the ends and squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini over the sink.
- Add the chickpeas, zucchini, onion, and cilantro to the food processor.
- Pulse 5 – 7 times fo the ingredients are incorporated but remain chunky.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and make sure it’s mixed together.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat for a few minutes. Once warm, turn the heat down to medium-high.
- Use your hands to form 3 balls and place in the pan.
- After about 1 minute, use the back of your spatula to gently press the balls into burgers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining burger mixture until you’ve cooked all six burgers.
- Serve on a salad, on a burger bun, and finish with your favorite toppings! I love adding ranch, avocado, and tomato in a lettuce wrap!
Keywords: vegan burger, vegan burger recipe, vegan burger easy, vegan burger gluten free, vegan burger recipe no nuts, vegan chickpea burgers, vegan chickpea burgers recipe, vegan chickpea burgers gluten free, vegan zucchini chickpea burgers, zucchini chickea burgers, chickpea zucchini burger recipe, chickpea and zucchini veggie burgers, gluten free chickpea burgers, gluten free chickpea burger recipe, gluten free dairy free chickpea burger, easy gluten free chickpea burgers, spicy chickpea veggie burgers (vegan gluten-free)