This is the perfect Triple Chocolate Birthday Cake for any celebration! It’s low glycemic and gluten free and easily paleo-friendly! Enjoy!!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (ghee or coconut oil should work!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (any milk)
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream (use coconut cream for paleo)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 8 oz. dark chocolate bar (60%+ cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, eggs, and milk. You can use a handheld mixture, handheld whisk, food processor, whatever works for you!
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Whisk everything together to combine.
- Line your cake pans with a circle of parchment paper.
- Spray the pans with coconut oil, or favorite cooking spray.
- Divide the batter between the pans. I had to do two batches because I only have two cake pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to glide around the edges of the cake to help dislodge it from the pan.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the cakes are all cooked and cooled, place the heavy whipping cream in a bowl.
- Use an electric mixture to beat on high until the cream becomes a bit firm.
- Add the cocoa powder, agave nectar, and sea salt.
- Combine to whip on high until it becomes firm, like whip cream.
- Place one layer of the cake on your plate/cake stand.
- Smooth some of the whip cream icing on top. Add another layer and continue this sequence until you have four layers of cake and four layers of icing.
- Cut the chocolate bar into chunks and sprinkle it on top of the cake.
This makes FOUR layers. Cut the recipe in half for just two layers.