OBSESSED with this recipe for Thai Shrimp with Coconut Cauli Rice! It makes such a delicious low carb, gluten free, and paleo weeknight meal!
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 – 1 cauliflower (depending on size), cut in florets
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, cream from top skimmed off
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- sea salt to taste
- 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 green chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped*
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Shell and devein the shrimp or buy them already prepped. Toss them in a bowl with coconut oil, salt, pepper and lime juice. Set aside.
- Put your chopped cauliflower florets in the food processor with the shredding attachment. Depending on the size of your cauliflower, you may have to do this in batches.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, stir the coconut oil and riced cauliflower. After about three minutes add the coconut cream.
- Allow the cauli rice to simmer for about three minutes or until all the coconut milk has been absorbed and the cauli rice is soft.
- Add the shredded coconut and keep burner on low until you are ready to use it.
- While the cauli rice is cooking, rinse your food processor clean and make the Thai pesto.
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor and process for about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and process again for 10 – 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, place shrimp with the coconut oil.
- Cook for about three minutes, then flip for another minute or two until both sides are pink and cooked through.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl with the half of the pesto. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Scoop some cauli rice on a plate with a dollop of pesto, and the pesto’ed shrimp.
- Garnish with additional peanuts and chopped herbs.
If you have a smaller size cauliflower, use the entire head. If it is a larger cauliflower, you may want to only use half.
*Leave out the green chilies for a less spicy pesto.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 701
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 1950mg
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 33g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 239mg