- 1 sweet potato
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz sausage (I used cooked chicken sausage but you can use any meat you like!)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salsa for serving
- cilantro for garnish
- Cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice in fourths.
- Sauté the sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, and sausage in a few tablespoons of avocado oil until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and continue to sauté until golden brown, another 5 minutes or so.
- Use a wooden spoon to make 4 divots in the Tex Mex veggie hash.
- Crack eggs into those divots and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes on the stovetop.
- Transfer the entire skillet to you oven and turn the broiler on high.
- Broil for about 2 – 3 minutes until the clear part of the egg turns white and is no longer translucent.
- Top with black beans, sliced avocado, salsa, and cilantro.
I used an already cooked chicken sausage so I just browned it a bit and took it along for the skillet ride. You can also use ground meat, chicken, any type of meat you like, or leave it out completely!