This Fattoush Salad has chopped tomatoes, cucumber, crispy baked sweet potato falafel, and the best blender herb dressing.
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar seasoning
- About 6 cups lettuce
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, juice from 1/2 of the lemon, 2 of the garlic cloves, almond flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and cumin to a food processor to make the falafel.
- Pulse a few times until everything is combined, but still chunky, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Use a cookie scooper (or even an ice cream scooper if you want big falafel) and scoop balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down on the tops of them to make them into discs and tuck in the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. If you want them really crispy, you can sauté them in some oil when you’re finished for a couple of minutes on each side.
- While the falafel bake, add the mayo, white wine vinegar, the remaining juice from the other half of the lemon, the remaining garlic clove, mint, parsley, za’atar seasoning, and remaining salt to a blender.
- Blend until combined to make the dressing.
- Chop the cucumber and tomato and divide them with the lettuce between 4 bowls.
- When the falafel have baked, add them to the bowls and drizzle on the dressing. Serve immediately.
The falafel and dressing can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for about 3 days. When you’re ready to serve, heat the falafel in a pan.
Keywords: falafel, falafel recipe, baked falafel, baked falafel recipe, sweet potato falafel, sweet potato falafel recipe, healthy falafel, falafel salad, fattoush salad, fattoush lebanese, fattoush recipes, fattoush recipe, fattoush salad with falafel, gluten free falafel, vegan falafel, vegan falafel recipe