Servings: 1 cake (8 slices) 1x
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 cups oat flour (Kitchen Hack: How to Make Oat Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy – How to Make Oat Milk)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 overflowing cup of raspberries
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- Optional: top with frosting and more raspberries
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing/flouring an 8×8 inch square pan or an 8 inch circular cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, oat flour and salt. Set aside.
- Add all of the wet ingredients – yogurt, milk, honey, eggs and vanilla to another bowl and whisk to combine before pouring into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Toss the raspberries with the 2 tbsp of oat flour before adding to the cake batter. Fold the raspberries in gently so as to not break them into pieces.
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake pan and bake for roughly 40-45 minutes – the square tin will cook on the slightly quicker side and the round on the slower side. A toothpick should come out clean!
- Cool the cakes in their tin for 30 minutes before finishing cooling them on a rack.
- If desired, top with your favorite frosting or simply dust with powdered sugar and serve!
Recipe Development + Food Photography by Jessica Reynolds-Corden
from Jessica Eats.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 19.8g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
© The Toasted Pine Nut