Make this gluten free and paleo Strawberry Coconut Whipped Cream Shortcake Trifle for your next backyard bbq, potluck, or spring celebration. Such an easy recipe!
- 1/2 cup ghee, room temp (butter or coconut oil works)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cans (15 oz. cans) unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Chill the cans of coconut cream overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, use an electric handheld mixer to mix together the ghee, eggs, agave, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix everything together until combined.
- Grease your circular pans and then divide the batter between them.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes, then cut into about 1/2 inch cubes.
- While the cake is baking, place the chilled coconut cream into a standing electric mixer. I prefer a standing electric mixer because you can just turn it on and your arms don’t get tired 🙂
- Turn on the electric mixer and whip it for about 3 minutes.
- Add the agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too), vanilla bean powder, and pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Continue to whip for another 2-3 minutes until creamed together.
- Prep the strawberries: cut about 6 strawberries in half, leaving the top stems on. These will go on the very top of the trifle.
- Cut the stems off the remaining strawberries and slice each strawberry in thirds lengthwise.
- Add the layers to the trifle dish, alternating between cake cubes, coconut whip and strawberries. Top with the stemmed strawberries. The pop of green will add a nice finish.
- Keep chilled until ready to enjoy!
- nutrition facts below are just for the cake and strawberries. the website I use to compute the nutrition didn’t have the coconut cream ingredient, so make sure to check your labels and add the nutrition information for the coconut whip cream.
Keywords: trifle, trifle bowl, trifle dessert, trifle recipes, trifle recipe easy, trifle recipe strawberry, gluten free trifle, gluten free trifle recipes, gluten free trifle dessert, gluten free trifle sponge recipe, gluten free trifle dessert recipesm gluten free trifle sponges, paleo strawberry trifle, paleo berry trifle, paleo fruit trifle, coconut cream trifle, coconut cream trifle recipe, strawberry coconut cream trifle, easy coconut cream trifle, trifle using coconut whipped cream, coconut whipped cream trifle, strawberry shortcake trifle, strawberry shortcake trifle recipe, strawberry shortcake trifle with coconut whipped cream