- 2 cups whole pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut cream (you can also use heavy whipping cream*)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- In your food processor, pulse the pecans and almond flour until chunky, about 10-30 seconds until desired consistency.
- Add the agave nectar until it balls up.
- Grease a pie tin with coconut oil or ghee and press the crust into the bottom and around the sides. I really recommend using a pie pan that has a bottom you can press up to remove it from the sides.
- Spread the nutty crust out evenly across the bottom.
- Place the crust in the fridge while you work on the whip.
- Add your chilled cream to a large mixing bowl.
- The key to this is to make sure your coconut cream is really chilled and only scoop the white solid from the can, leaving behind the translucent milk.
- Use a handheld mixer to begin whipping it on high for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and agave and continue to whip for another minute until creamy.
- Place the whipped cream on top of the crust and spread it evenly.
- Arrange the strawberries on top of the whipped topping.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or chill in the fridge until ready to serve!
*If using heaving whipping cream, you’ll need to whip it for about 2 – 3 minutes longer than the instructions for the coconut cream.