The BEST recipe for spiralized sweet potato waffles! This low carb and gluten free waffle is the BEST start to a lazy weekend!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- toppings for your waffle: fried egg, fresh berries, maple syrup, homemade whip cream
- First, spiralize your sweet potato with the smallest noodle blade.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, sauce the spiralized sweet potatoes in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently with tongs.
- Once the noodles are reduced but still crunchy, transfer them into a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the spiralized sweet potato bowl and toss everything together until well coated.
- Heat your waffle iron as you normally would.
- Then, brush the inside of the waffle iron generously until it’s well coated.
- Spread some of the noodles out into the center of the waffle iron and cook as directed by your waffle iron.
- Remove gently with a fork and top with whatever you want!
- Per serving: Calories 176; Fat 9.5g (Sat 6.8g); Protein 4.2g; Carb 19.1g (net carb 16.3g); Fiber 2.8g; Sodium 139mg