You’ll love this recipe for raw Spiralized Beet Salad with vegan Creamy Garlic Dressing! I can’t believe it’s dairy free, it’s so creamy and delicious!!
- 1 cup Hellman’s Carefully Crafted Dressing & Spread
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 large raw beets, peeled and spiralized with blade C
- 2 cups micro watercress (or favorite micro green)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- In your food processor, combine the Hellman’s, lime zest and juice, garlic cloves, dried basil, dijon mustard, and agave.
- Process for about 30 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for 10 – 30 seconds. Set the dressing aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off your beets. Cut the ends off to make flat and spiralize your beets with blade C. You can eat the raw, blanch them, or sauté them. I like to eat them raw, but see cooking notes below for more options.
- Place your spiralized beets in the individual bowls with your micro greens, and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of each salad and sprinkle with pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and hemp hearts.
- Blanching: Prepare a bowl of cold water with ice. Bring a pot of water to a boil (you can add a couple pinches of salt if you want). Add the beets to the water in small batches to make sure the water maintains its boil. I think the crunch factor of the beets is essential, so I would only keep them in the boiling water for a minute or two. Use tongs to remove the beets from the boiling water and plunge them into the ice water until completely cooled.
- Sautéing: Another option is sautéing them in 2 tablespoons coconut oil for about 5 minutes, tossing with tongs frequently.
- Serving Size: 4