These Spinach Blender Pancakes are perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration or any weekend brunch! I love that they’re packed with nutrients from the spinach, gluten free, and paleo!
- 1 cup almond milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee (coconut oil or butter works too)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Place the almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, ghee (coconut oil or butter works), spinach, almond flour, flax meal, and baking power in the blender.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Place the whites in a large bowl and add the yolks to the blender too.
- Blend all the ingredients together until combined and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer to whip the egg whites.
- Once you get firm white peaks from the egg whites, transfer them to the blender and fold in with the pancake batter.
- Grease a skillet and warm it for a minute over high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop a couple small pancake circles onto the pan.
- Keep the heat at medium-low and flip once the edges firm up and no longer look wet.
- Note: these don’t bubble in the center like traditional pancakes.
Serving (per pancake): Calories 196; Fat 16.7g (Sat 8.8g); Protein 4.4g; Carb 9.7g (net carb 6.7g); Fiber 3g; Sodium 24mg