LOVE this spicy shrimp + zoodles recipe for all my party people who love some spice! It’s sooo tasty and makes for a delicious low carb + paleo meal!
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3 zucchinis, spiralized Blade C
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- If not already done, peel and devein your shrimp. This can be time consuming!
- In food processor, finely chop the onion.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring often, until soft and starting to brown. About 8-10 minutes.
- Finely chop the jalapeño and garlic in the food processor. Place in small bowl and set aside.
- When onions start to brown, add jalapeño and garlic to the skillet along with the chili powder and ginger. Cook, stirring until fragrant for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring until slightly darkens, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot flour over top the mix until the flour is no longer visible.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 25 minutes, then throw the shrimp in a cook for another 5 minutes. The sauce should reduce by half.
- Remove from heat, stir in citrus zest and juice.
- Serve on top of zoodles.
- Top with a drizzle of chili oil and scallions.
To decrease the spiciness, only use half of the jalapeño, decrease the amount of chipotle chili powder, and/or don’t drizzle with the chili oil.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 2182mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 45g
- Cholesterol: 359mg