Obsessed with this Creamy Spicy Shrimp + Parmesan Eggplant!! Such a fun and decadent mix of flavors that are unexpectedly delicious! Low carb + gluten free!
- 1/2 eggplant, cut in 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted for brushing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for sautéing the shrimp
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2″ slices.
- Brush both sides of the slice with melted coconut oil and then coat it was grated Parmesan.
- Place it on a lined baking sheet and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, throw the chopped pepper, garlic, and sage in a pan with coconut oil. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cream, sea salt, chili powder and flour. Whisk everything and continue to cook 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens and reduces a bit.
- While the sauce is reducing, cook the shrimp in a separate pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Flip the shrimp after 3 minutes and cook the second side for 2 minutes until pink throughout.
- Once the sauce is reduced, throw the shrimp into the sauce and toss.
- After the eggplant cooks for 20 minutes, flip it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When it’s done cooking, cut it into fourths and serve with the saucy shrimp.
Serving : Calories 1041; Fat 91g (Sat 69.6g); Protein 46.9g; Carb 16.7g (net carb 11.9g); Fiber 4.8g; Sodium 1060mg