Obsessed with this Spiced Cauliflower + Green Romesco for an easy weeknight dinner recipe! It’s low carb, gluten free, vegan, and packed with flavor!
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in large strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in large strips
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- two pinches of pink salt
- 1 cauliflower head, cut in medium florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil + 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 scallions, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a lined baking sheet, place the cut poblano pepper, green pepper, and 3 garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with two tablespoons of avocado oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, toss the cauli florets in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and paprika until it’s well coated. Set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until golden brown, about 5 – 7 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- After the pine nuts are transferred to a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan and add the cut up scallions.
- Sauté the scallions until they are browned, about 5 – 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the peppers and garlic from the oven and place into the food processor.
- Spread the cauli out on the same baking sheet that the peppers were on and place them in the oven for 30 minutes, until softened and browned.
- Add the sliced almonds, cilantro, white wine vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons avocado oil, and salt into the food processor.
- Process for 20 seconds, then use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for another 10-20 seconds until combined.
- Place a dollop of romesco on each plate.
- When the cauli is done roasting, divided among the plates and top with the toasted pine nuts and sautéed scallions.
Calories 358; Fat 34.3g (Sat 4.1g); Protein 6.0g; Carb 12.3g (net carbs 7.2); Fiber 5.1g; Sodium 25mg
Keywords: cauliflower recipes, cauliflower florets, cauliflower florets recipe, roasted cauliflower, roasted cauliflower recipe, green romesco, green romesco cauliflower, green romesco sun basket, gluten free cauliflower recipes, low carb cauliflower recipes, vegan cauliflower recipes,