You’ll love this Spaghetti Squash Sausage Bake as these months get colder. It’s a hearty and filling meal but packed with wholesome, gluten free ingredients.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz. sausage, cut in rounds ( I like to use sweet Italian sausage)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush the insides with oil spaghetti squash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the flat side down on a lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes, flip the spaghetti squash so the flat side is up, and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage, cheese, kale and spaghetti squash to the egg mixture. Mix to combine.
- Transfer to baking dish and top with cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes at 450F.
- Broil on high and additional 2 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Per serving: Calories 374; Fat 28.8g (Sat 12.4g); Protein 23.6g; Carb 6.1g (net carb 5.5g); Fiber 0.6g; Sodium 859mg
- Serving Size: 8